Presented by James Orah
TEXT: Rom. 8:5-8, Col. 3:2, Rom 12:2
DEFINITION: Mindset can be defined as a certain way of thinking, formed from pre-developed habits or information which influences a person attitude.
- The mindset of an individual is the key to everything about him/her.
- Know that we cannot discuses mind-set without discussing attitude first.
- Attitude is the tendency to either respond positively or negatively towards a certain idea, object, person or situation.
- Attitude influences individuals choices of action, and response to challenges, incentives or rewards. In 12:37. For by your words you will be justified and by your word you will be condemned.
THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN ATTITUDE AND MINDSET.
Mindset sustained becomes your attitude. So if you sustain the wrong mindset long enough, you will have wrong attitude.
IMPACT OF RIGHT ATTITUDE AND MINDSET
A Christian mindset can be developed by putting Christ first in your life and before you becomes a good Christian you have this
- DISCIPLINE: Helps with efficiency and effectiveness 2 Tim. 1:7
- DETERMINATION: Committed to follow Christ through to the end
- INNOVATION: Constantly thinks outside the box of Christ.
- POSITIVISM: Always optimistic
YOUR MINDSET DETERMINES EVERYTHING
The apostle Paul in Rom. 8:6 says for to be carnally minded is death, but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. A Christian is to be spiritually mindset is what it ought to be.
Paul again state this concerning our mindset our mindset let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus. Phi. 2:5 Christ had the proper mindset! Over in Colossians 3:2. We are told, set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth. In order to set my affection, I must have the proper mindset and this simply means that I’m keeping God people and things of this world in their proper place in my mind.
WHERE IS YOUR MINDSET.
Can it be said that you are spiritually minded? Has your thinking become like your saviour’s, if the affections are on thing above and others will notice this because of your dress your speech, your very attitude towards God’s holy word will inflect these very things.
In Rom 12:2 do not copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God’s will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.
- What you choose to see determines you reality, you have the power to change you reality by shifting your focus. In 23:7 “As someone thinks within himself so he is”.
CHANGE YOUR MINDSET
The word of God inspires a change of mindset which translates to life realities. Embrace the word and not how many years you have be in the faith, this is one of the problem Christian have, we count our years in the faith and not what we can add to our faith. Rom. 12:2, Col. 3:1-2. In Col. 3:1-2 “If then you were raised with Christ seek those things which are above, where Christ is, sitting at the right hand of God. Set your mind on thing above, not on things on the earth.
RENEW YOUR MINDSET WITH GOD
Mark 9:23 “Jesus said to him if you can believe all thing are possible to them that believe. It is time to change your mindset, and renew your thoughts and ways of thinking. God never intended for us to live according to the world’s system and ways of doing things. He said that we are to live by faith (Heb. 10:38), Because without it, it is impossible to please him, He wants those who call on him to believe in him, and trust that he rewards those who diligently seek after him (Heb. 11:6)
God is looking for people of faith, if you can renew your mind and thoughts towards the things of God, you can change your world. Changing your mindset can change your circumstance because your mind is powerful. It has the power to bring life or to bring destruction, because everything starts with a thought. How you think determines how you live. Joshua 1:7-8 ‘Is a perfect example of how to change your mindset.
- Be strong and courageous
- Be careful to obey the bible
- Do not turn from the bible to the left or right
- Do not let the book of the law depart from your mouth
- Meditate on the word of God day and night
Remember, all things are possible to those who believe, to those who have the faith to trust God.
FOUR STEPS TO RENEWING YOUR MIND
- Ask the Lord to guard and direct your mind. 12:2
The object of my regular thinking will determine how my days, years and ultimately my life play out everything starts in the mind.
- Recognize the source of self-focused and self – defeating thoughts
- Replace self – focused thinking with a God – focused mindset ‘To focus my mind on God requires some work. If I don’t take purposeful, action to set my mind on Jesus Christ, them I’m allowing my mind to go anywhere it wants to go. I know where it will go, and it’s nowhere good.
- Rest in the truth that are accepted in Jesus Christ, I’II pray for the Lord to protect my help me recognize the enemy, and work to keep my mind focused on God. Romans 8:16-17