By: Bro. Sunday Eyanrin (Evangelist)
Beloved, for a proper understanding of this important sermon, it has become necessary that we define the following words:
WHAT IS COVETOUSNESS?
COVETOUSNESS: Can be simply defined as, a strong desire to have that which belongs to another. e.g., wealth or possession.
The Cambridge English dictionary defined Greed as a very strong wish to continuously get more of some things.
Dearly Beloved, this Sermon is designed to draw the attention of Brethren to the danger of the SIN of covetousness that can lead millions to destruction if not Repented from it.
This Sermon is timely to deliver those who may not know the seriousness of covetousness as a SIN. Beloved, are you involved in this act? The time to act is now.
OUR SERMON FOR TODAY IS CENTERED ON TWO BIBLE PERSONALITIES: AHAB AND JEZEBEL
Ahab is the most famous of the kings of the separate kingdom of Israel. The son and successor of the evil King Omri. the founder of Samaria, and the first king of the Ten Tribes who was able to maintain a strong and stable government.
He married a foreign woman named Jezebel who worshiped the god Baal and he built a temple to honor this god in Samaria. He also built altars and idols to another pagan deity named Asherah.
“JEZEBEL” – Is translated from the Hebrew word “Izevel”
MEANING: Uncertain. Daughter of Ethbaal, KING OF THE ZIDONIANS, AND QUEEN OF ‘’Ahab’’ KING OF ISRAEL. She had Been brought up a ZEALOUS WORSHIPER OF baal.
THE CONTENTS OF THIS SERMON
- The Covetous Story (Ahab) – 1 Kings 21:1 -7
- The Plot and murder of Naboth by Jezebel. 1 Kings 21:8 – 14
- Ahab Coveted and took Possession of Naboth’s Vineyard. 1 Kings 21:15 – 16
- God’s rebuke and judgment to Ahab and Jezebel through PROPHET ELIJAH 1 Kings 21 : 17 – 26.
- Ahab’s REPENTANCE. 1 Kings 21:27 – 29.
- The Death of King Ahab. 1 Kings 22: 34 – 36
- The death of Jezebel. 2 Kings 9:30 – 37
- COVETOUSNESS IS A SIN.
- GOD HATE COVETOUSNESS.
- COVETOUSNESS LEADS TO DEATH.
- SINCERE REPENTANCE WILL SAVE THOSE INVOLVED.
- BE CONTENTED WITH WHAT YOU HAVE PRAY ALWAYS.
Mark 8:36 – 37
For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? Or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?
MAY GOD BLESS HIS WORDS IN JESUS HOLY NAME AMEN.