Bro. Eyanrin Sunday (Evangelist)
What is Worry?
The English word (WORRY) is the Greek Word translated (merimna) Meaning – “Anxiety”. It simply means the care which divides, and distracts the human mind. It draws the mind of an affected person in different directions.
Have You Heard?
The Robin said to the sparrow, my friend, I should really like to know why these anxious human beings worry so much? The sparrow said to the Robin, my friend, I think that it must be that they have no heavenly Father such as care for me and you, hence the worry.
The World Today
All Nations of the world is today “worried” about the present Corona virus Pandemic ravaging the entire world.
LATEST CORONA VIRUS DATA IN NIGERIA
Number of Infections Nation- wide – 19,808
Number of Deaths Nation – wide – 506
Number of Recovery Nation – wide – 6,718
BRETHREN, DON’T BE DECEIVED, CORONA VIRUS IS REAL
THE PROBLEM OF WORRY
Brethren! Have you ever come in contact with this Five letter word “Worry”?
If not controlled, it can metamorphose or develop into very serious health Challenge. Such as:
- STROKE OR
Worry Is an Infection of the human Mind.
IF OUR GOD CARES, THEN WHY WORRY
THE CHRISTIAN SOLUTION TO WORRY IS PRAYER
IN Phil. 4:6-7 THE SCRIPTURES DECLARE;
Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
THE IMPORTANCE OF SPECIFYING PRAYERS
Brethren, the importance of specifying our prayers cannot be over emphasised. A prayer of supplication is a specific prayer for a specific need. It is on this basis Jesus said in Matt. 7:7-8.
“Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened. NKJV
EXAMPLES OF SPECIFIC PRAYERS
- Jehoshaphat and the people of Judah sought the Lord in prayers over their enemies. 2 Chron. 20:1 -2, 3-13 & vs 14- 29
- Jonah prayed from the fish belly for God’s mercy. Jonah 2:1 – 10
- Paul and Silas in prison – Acts 16:16 – 34. read vs. 25 – 26
- The Church prayed for Peter in prison. Acts 12:1 – 17
Beloved, are you a friend worshipping with us today, and you are not yet a member of the one true church of the new testament as recorded in Matt. 16:18 – 19, Acts 2:1 – 47?
If not think about it today. Beloved, are you worried about where you will spend your eternity, HEAVEN OR HELL?
STEPS TO TAKE FOR SALVATION
- You must hear the gospel – 10:17, Acts 2:37
- You must believe the gospel – 16:16, Rom. 10:10, Acts 18:8,8:37
- You are required to repent of your sins. Acts 2:38, Lk. 13:3.
- You are required to confess Christ. 10:9-10, Phil. 2:11, 1 Jn. 4:15.
- You must be baptized. 28:18-20, Mk. 16:15-16, Acts 2:41, Rom. 6:3- 4.
And the Lord adds you to His body – the Church. Acts 2: 47.
Beloved, why worry when god cares? In Heb.13:5b, He Himself has said, I will never leave you nor forsake you.