By: Godbuilt Igbava G.
THEME: Preparing at a time like this, focus is on weightier matter which are humility and Forgiveness
TEXT: Romans 13:11-12 11 And do this, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep; for now our salvation is nearer than when we first believed. 12 The night is far spent, the day is at hand. Therefore let us cast off the works of darkness, and let us put on the armor of light.
DEFINITION OF TERMS
- Humility: The quality of being humble. See yourself less important, showing a modest or low opinion of your own happiness.
- Forgiveness: The action of forgiving or the state of being forgiven. Stop feeling angry or resentful towards someone for an offence or mistake. No longer feeling to punish an offence or mistake.
The servant leaders of this congregation (church) consciously affirm and reassure their resolve or commitment to move the church forward this year 2020. All believers should join the train to realise these set objectives to restore the shifted or drifted glory of this lovely community of ours through the following:
- Self-honest examination to accept one’s fault
- Humble yourself
- Ask for forgiveness
- Receive forgiveness of God and man
- Don’t avenge yourself
FACTS TO NOTE
- All Christians worship God – they do not worship man
- Every true Christian is accountable to God. No Christian is accountable to fellow man or any man of God
- All men of God (servants) are to defend the gospel and the believers through peace and truth. Philippians 1:14-17 14 and most of the brethren in the Lord, having become confident by my chains, are much more bold to speak the word without fear. 15 Some indeed preach Christ even from envy and strife, and some also from goodwill: 16 The former preach Christ from selfish ambition, not sincerely, supposing to add affliction to my chains; 17 but the latter out of love, knowing that I am appointed for the defense of the gospel. (Cf. II Corinthians 10:1-18). James 3:13 13 Who is wise and understanding among you? Let him show by good conduct that his works are done in the meekness of wisdom. 2 Timothy 2:23-26 23 But avoid foolish and ignorant disputes, knowing that they generate strife. 24 And a servant of the Lord must not quarrel but be gentle to all, able to teach, patient, 25 in humility correcting those who are in opposition, if God perhaps will grant them repentance, so that they may know the truth, 26 and that they may come to their senses and escape the snare of the devil, having been taken captive by him to do his will. Galatians 6:3-4 3 For if anyone thinks himself to be something, when he is nothing, he deceives himself. 4 But let each one examine his own work, and then he will have rejoicing in himself alone, and not in another.
In the flesh, it is hard and painful to forgive the wrong someone did to you but in the spirit, it is possible for the joy of victory and the strength through the defeat of Satan and his agents. Christians are trained to forgive. That is their mandate. They don’t revenge nor retaliate – Acts 7:55-60 55 But he, being full of the Holy Spirit, gazed into heaven and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing at the right hand of God, 56 and said, “Look! I see the heavens opened and the Son of Man standing at the right hand of God!” 57 Then they cried out with a loud voice, stopped their ears, and ran at him with one accord; 58 and they cast him out of the city and stoned him. And the witnesses laid down their clothes at the feet of a young man named Saul. 59 And they stoned Stephen as he was calling on God and saying, “Lord Jesus, receive my spirit.” 60 Then he knelt down and cried out with a loud voice, “Lord, do not charge them with this sin.” And when he had said this, he fell asleep.
There is a saying to err is human and forgiveness is divine. Hence, Satan will not be allowed to dance the dance of victory in the house of God. So we seek God to come in His mighty power and love upon this congregation. We want the house we are building for God’s Name to be filled by serious minded people who are spirit filled and heavenly bound. Forgiveness is a strong tool to win the battle set before Christians in the area of wrong done to one another. None should work to put a stumbling stone in his brother’s way – I Corinthians 10:1-12.
LOOK TO CHRIST
All ungodly look must be broken off today and let us all put on the yoke of Jesus Christ that is easy to move forward. We cannot be waiting for anyone to do this for us. This is the moment, we all need it. All of us need to shame Satan and his demons. Let us resist him and he will flee now. Matthew 11:28-30 28 Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29 Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.”
TURN TO SOMEONE
Tell someone beside you, you are my brother in the grace of Christ that has made us kings and princesses in the church – God’s kingdom on earth. I cannot hate you, you cannot hate me, I cannot keep you enmity, and you cannot keep me enmity. I owe you love, you owe me love, the love of God in Christ Jesus – amen.
- Ere You Leave Your Room This Morning (SOC-Hymn 100)
- Thou My Everlasting Portion (SOC-Hymn 579)
- To Christ Be Loyal and Be True (SOC-Hymn 589)
- Prepare Me Oh Lord
Christians don’t fight physical war. There is a spiritual warfare and we must fight spiritually to win. Colossians 3:12-15 12 Therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, put on tender mercies, kindness, humility, meekness, longsuffering; 13 bearing with one another, and forgiving one another, if anyone has a complaint against another; even as Christ forgave you, so you also must do. 14 But above all these things put on love, which is the bond of perfection. 15 And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to which also you were called in one body; and be thankful. 2 Corinthians 2:5-11 5 But if anyone has caused grief, he has not grieved me, but all of you to some extent—not to be too severe. 6 This punishment which was inflicted by the majority is sufficient for such a man, 7 so that, on the contrary, you ought rather to forgive and comfort him, lest perhaps such a one be swallowed up with too much sorrow. 8 Therefore I urge you to reaffirm your love to him. 9 For to this end I also wrote, that I might put you to the test, whether you are obedient in all things. 10 Now whom you forgive anything, I also forgive. For if indeed I have forgiven anything, I have forgiven that one for your sakes in the presence of Christ, 11 lest Satan should take advantage of us; for we are not ignorant of his devices..