Text: Ps. 73:1-5, Job 1:1-22, John 11:20-23, Psm. 18:1-6, 45-50
By: Bro. James Orah
- Job as a Case study
We all face challenges in life, and at times. It can feel like those challenges may just beat you. But you have to keep going don’t let the idea of quitting enter your mind, stay strong, and fight for what it is that you want. The people who win in life are the ones that don’t give up. Giving up on something teaches nothing. But trying something till the end of your capacity gives a lesson.
A lot of people gave up, many times in life, sometimes due to situations or circumstances and the other time due to people and their doing.
- Has it, ever occurred to you that maybe things will not happen as promised or as expected because time is already running out. Know that it does not take God one day to do all that he has to do in your life. Be encouraged and don’t give up on God.
- We must continually believe in God so we can receive from him. No situation is too big for God to handle. Your situation is not big enough for God to change his mind.
- Whatever God has declared, it cannot be reversed. Unless God has not declared it. Then you can expect it not to come to pass. Surely if you do not give up on God, you will not be defeated. Ps. 7:9
- Lk 22:31- Satan has asked to test you men like a farmer tests his wheat, O Simon Simon I have prayed that you will not lose your faith, help your brothers be strong when you come back to me. It is only when your faith fails that you can be defeated. As long as you don’t give up on God, that which you believe God for will come to pass.
Reasons why people give up on God and on life: 2 Sam. 22:7
- Day by day people are loosing patience, they want dreams to come true the moment. Ps. 40:1
- Whenever they face tough problems in life they will blame God why me? When there are happy they’ll never ask the same question, why me?
- Feeling jealous of someone’s success and questioning God why gave that person success. Num. 5:14
- The scars of disappointment we have had in the past.
- We have alternative (relating to a choice between two or more possibilities)
- We are tired of living
Psalm 103:2: Says bless the Lord, O my soul and forget not all his benefits. For you not to give up on God, you must remember all and not just some of his benefits.
Reasons we should not give up on God
- God is God and not a man Number 23:19, Job 33:12, Mark 10:27
- God’s word is final in all situations Ps. 119:89, 103:1, 5; 147:15, 148:8, Is. 55:8-11. Isaiah 60:11, Ps. 30:5, Isaiah 35:10
- It is the devils will, not God’s will, for you to give up.
- Your enemy – the devil was not originally designed to defeat you 1Pt. 5:8, Lk 22:31.
What to do so as not to give up
- Fix your gaze on the Lord Jesus thinking in the absence of image, (why stand ye gazing up into heaven. (Acts 1:11) Heb. 12:2, Matt. 15:21-28.
- Hold on to your faith. Do not be moved by what you see. Deut. 7:9, 2 Pt. 1:1, 21, James 2:2
Ps. 65:11 say: Thou crownest the yeas with the goodness, and thy paths drop fatness, so Hold on to God and keep believing God will pull through for you. God will crown your year with good things and fulfil his every word in your life.
We should never give up. Have faith and never stop fighting…
Then can be so many times in life that it just seems better to just give up sometimes we are even told that its easier to just give up, to stop trying.
- Even though the going gets rough, its so important to remember that God is on your side and that he is for you.
- God tells us that not only is it important to never give up, but that it is important to fight.
- Fight for relationships, fight for health fight for your friends, friend for everything that is good and right and never stop trying
- God will provide us with the strength we need, no matter the situation and he will never put something in your life that you cannot handle.
2 Chron. 15:7: But as for you, be strong and do not give up, for your work will be rewarded. Jere. 29:11 – for I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Lk. 1:37
1 Cor. 16:13: – Be on your guard, stand firm in the faith, be courageous, be strong.
- God put you on this journey to success, He will never give up on you. 1Cor. 1:7.
- God will give you a new way of doing things his way. – therefore since God in his mercy has given us this new way, we never give up 2Cor. 4:1.
- Regardless of our medical condition, we are being renewed every day. – In 2Cor. 4:16 that is why we never give up. Though our bodies are dying, our spirits are being renewed every day.
- Prayer is the absolute best thing to keep you on tract – Lk 18: One day Jesus told his disciples a story to show that they should always pray and never give up. Ps. 126:1
- Never give up on praise to God – Experiencing God’s power through praise it is easy to praise God when the sum is shining, our children are making good grades in school and we have received a promotion at work. But when the storm clouds gather, the grades start to slip what happen to our faith. The last thing we feel like doing is praising God. Yet, this is the very time when we need to lift our voices to him in praise. Ps. 40:1-3
- When we praise God, we proclaim our faith in him. The Psalmist writes, As for me, I will always have hope. I will praise you more and more, my mouth will tell of your righteousness of your salvation all day long, though I know not it’s measure. Ps. 71:14-15.
- A sacrifice of praise is something that we offer to God. In time of well being and in times of sorrow. It is a priceless honour to kneel before the throne of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.
- Praise has the ability to lighten our hearts and fill us with a sense of love and security that can only come from one place heaven’s throne.
- Praise teaches us to be joyful and thankful, regardless of our circumstances. No matter how deep our sorrow or how grave our circumstances may seem, we can learn to praise God while acknowledging his sovereignty over our lives. Ps. 148:7-14