By: Godwin Nene
At the beginning of a year like this, I think it would be good for us to consider the importance of time, since it is what days are made of, time is so important that the Bible commands us to be conscious of, because the days are evil.
What is time?
Time is that which keeps everything from happening at once; therefore, time can be defined as a gift and a daily grant. As we will say, “yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, and today is a gift, that’s why it is called the present.
The swiftness with which it passes, if there is one thing that is characteristic of time is its speed. The second fly by so fast, the minutes continue without interruption.
What do we do with our time last year on the followings and more?
On your family
On giving back to the community around us
On God’s work
On our budgeted project
- Time waits for no one
- Time stop for no one
- Your excuses will not slow down time
- Your complaining will not stall time
- Your indecision will delay time
- Your regrets will not turn back time
- So don’t waste your time in anger, regrets, worries, and hate, because time will not turn back and cry along with you.
- It’s time to let go of the past and stop worrying of the future. Your time is NOW.
- So make sure you spend your time with the right purpose, with the right deed, with the right emotions, with the right thoughts and with the right people.
- Time flies, that’s a fact, but you can always spread your wings and soar with time and navigate life the best you can.
- Remember, you will never pass this way again, make sure it counts. Let’s redeem our time according to Ephesians 5:16. We must set-up our priority and seized any opportunities that come our way as we sojourn on this earth.
One thing that we cannot recycle is wasted time, so much of our time is wasted, and so much of our time is misused. Colossians 4:5
Let’s determine now on how to redeem our time throughout this year. Think about it.